Every year, the Westcliffe Estates Community Association (WECA) hosts sports programs for children in the community. The global pandemic forced us to put these programs on pause last year. But, with a COVID safety plan in place and a dedicated group of volunteers, the association is offering soccer this August. Westcliffe Estates, it’s time for the beautiful game – soccer!
WECA SOCCER GUIDELINES
Quick tips to ensure your child/children can enjoy the program safely:
1. Please note that if the weather doesn’t permit (too hot or in the event of a thunderstorm), the program will be canceled that day. Notices will be sent via emails to parents at 6:00 p.m. on the day of as well as posted on our website. Please check our website and Facebook page for the updates as well.
2. One parent should accompany their child/children to the program at all times. No child should be left by themselves. We recommend that members of the same household travel to the sessions together.
3. Temperature and screening will be completed at each practice. Families should arrive 15 minutes early to complete the screening.
4. Please come dressed for soccer, access to the bathrooms at the building will be made based on request only. Masks will be required inside the building. (Instructions how to properly dispose masks after using.)
5. There should be no yelling or shouting at the field (We know, you will have to cheer quietly for your little ones!).
6. Wear proper gears for sport activities such as proper footwear to prevent injury on the field and cool clothing to prevent overheating while participating in activities.
7. It’s warm out, but soccer will be a go if the temperature is below 32 degree and humidex 40. So bring sunscreen to protect children skin against the sun and lots of water!
8. There will be water breaks to keep children hydrated throughout the day’s activities.
9. And again, please read our COVID-19 guidelines.
The program will run for 4 weeks on Wednesdays (August 11, 18, 25 and September 1) from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. An additional session will be scheduled from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. depending on the number of children registered. There are three different age groups in the WECA soccer program: Ages 3-5, ages 6-8, and ages 9-12.
Your 2021-2022 WECA Membership covers the cost of one child in your household for the 2021 soccer program. That’s a discount of $10.00. Each additional child in your household will cost $10.00. Non WECA members can sign up for $20.00 per child for the 2021 soccer program. To be eligible for the soccer program discount, you need to submit your WECA Membership for August 2021 – August 2022.
COVID safety plan
Interested in registering your child for soccer? Please read all the information in the WECA COVID Safety Plan and the Conditions of Use documents and let’s work together to keep your child and the community safe.
Sign up now!
Registration is now open! Send us your applications ASAP. Registration will close, on noon Sunday, August 8, 2021.
1. Submit your WECA 2021-2022 Membership August 2021 – August 2022, application.
2. Register here for the WECA 2021 Soccer Program.
The more volunteers, the better. So if you have some time to commit to helping us bring a fun soccer program to the kids in the community, we would love to hear from you! If you have soccer experience, bonus! If you don’t, that’s okay too, you can help us the experienced volunteers manage the little ones. You can be assigned to the age group you are most comfortable working with, 3-5, 6-8 or 9-12. You will need a Vulnerable Sector Police check, and we will provide you with the WECA letter for the online record check application. Interested in helping out? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.